Having to take care of your lawn is the last thing you want to think about. Whether it’s the hot season or the cool season, a lot of work goes into maintaining grass and landscape. For those that want low maintenance, without having to zero scape, artificial grass is typically the best answer. If you’re on the fence at all about making the switch from grass to artificial, we’ve compiled a list of benefits of artificial grass below!
1. The first and one of the most major points is; low maintenance. Because it’s not a growing or living thing, it doesn’t require the same care and time that grass or even your soil does. Southern California gets incredibly hot, so having artificial grass in San Diego, Los Angeles, or even areas like Malibu is beneficial when wanting to maintain green space. Without having to care for the lawn, you save money and time, giving you the ability to enjoy your space!
2. Speaking of saving time and money, the amount of money spent watering lawns, especially in dry climate areas. It’s estimated that you could be using almost 8400 gallons of water to maintain your grass, and that’s assuming you only have a 1000sq ft yard. If you have more green space you’re looking at using more, which could drive your utility bill up. Combined with your shower, running the dishwasher, washing machine, shower, and other utilities, your water bill spikes in the hotter seasons.
3. Another reason artificial grass in San Diego and surrounding areas is popular, is because you’re more likely to avoid water fines. In drier climates, such as Southern California, you’re more likely to live in a drought. Because of this, water conservation efforts are in effect for certain seasons and there may be a limit to how much water you can use within a certain period, and if you go over that you could face fines on your bill. Artificial grass doesn’t require any kind of water maintenance to stay green and lush, keeping your yard looking fresh. You can put your water usage to better use on other household projects, and do your part in conservation efforts.
4. You’ll also be saving costs by eliminating the need for fertilizers, pesticides, and other maintenance items. Because the need for soil, soil treatment, and other items isn’t needed for artificial grass you won’t have to spend the money for items needed to maintain soil health. You also won’t be spending time or money trying to keep pests out of your grass like ants, worms, and other types of insects. Lastly, you won’t be spending your time and money worrying about any invasive species entering your yard. Weeds are a major cost, and not only do they make your yard unsightly, and uncomfortable to walk in with bare feet, but they can also kill the grass and any other foliage, like plants, that share the soil.
5. It lasts longer. Your lawn requires different needs depending on the weather, the season, or any other factors that might affect the health of the grass and the soil. It’s susceptible to diseases and other issues alongside all the maintenance listed above. Because of this, your grass will cycle through life stages, ranging from being perfect one week to having dry patches the next, it’s a lot of time and effort to keep your grass alive without the guarantee it will stay that way. When it comes to artificial grass, you won’t have those worries. The material used to create synthetic grass is durable and long-lasting. It’s estimated that artificial grass can last up to 15 years depending on its usage.
We know that the needs for your home are highly personal, and what you value in your home and hard is highly dependent on your lifestyle. It could be you don’t have the time to dedicate, it could be you’re wanting to add value to your property, it could also be you want to make an eco-friendly switch by eliminating toxic hazards. Regardless, if you’re debating making the switch to artificial grass in San Diego, or artificial grass in Los Angeles and everywhere in between, you have a lot of questions and a lot of reasons that also have range. The goal of this post is to provide you with information on why it would be beneficial for you to make the switch. We hope that we’ve provided enough information for you to think about, and enough information to provide clarity to any questions or concerns you may have regarding your lawn and its care.
If you still have questions, we’re more than happy to help! Give us a call, shoot us an email, or feel free to reach out on our social channels!
Get A Free Quote.
1) What Are the Benefits of Installing Artificial Grass